POST-TENSION CONCRETE SLAB
Post-tensioning, which is a form of prestressing, has several advantages over standard reinforcing steel (rebar):
- It reduces or eliminates shrinkage cracking; therefore no joints, or fewer joints, are needed.
- Cracks that may form are held tightly together.
- It permits construction on expansive or soft soils.
Icynene is a spray foam insulation that is applied in the attic and truss areas before the ceiling drywall is installed. This process offers an array of immediate and long-term benefits as follows:
- Provides for tightened air seals.
- Offers substantial savings of up to 35% in heating and cooling costs.
- Helps protect against external allergens and pollutants, thus vastly improving air quality.
- Controls moisture levels within the home.
- When applied, the foam expands and seals gaps within the attic space, regardless of attic’s shape or design.
TANKLESS GAS WATER HEATER
Our tankless units offer revolutionary comfort, energy efficiency and convenience by providing an endless supply of hot water when needed.
- Since no tank is required to heat and reheat water, the tankless technology helps save energy, thus reducing utility costs.
- The eletronic ignition eliminates the need for an energy-consuming, standing pilot light.
- Tankless water heaters improve your Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index score. Higher HERS scores translate to larger cost savings, and often qualify for energy efficiency rebates and/or tax credits.
- Energy efficient glass enables you to control your heating and cooling costs.
- Virtually maintenance-free, durable materials are used.
- Offers thermal control in hot and cold weather conditions.
BIB WALLS (BLOW-IN-BLANKET SYSTEM)
BIB is a proven, state-of-the-art insulation system. It utilizes specifically manufactured fiberglass wools for use in walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Fills all gaps and voids, creating a thermal barrier against outside air and better temperature control.
- Resists heat flow.
- Reduces fuel usage and energy bills to provide year-round savings.
- Loose-fill fiberglass insulation is “Green Friendly” as it is comprised of nearly 50% post-consumer recycled glass content.
- Helps dampen sound to make your home quieter.
- Resists combustion to make your home safer from fire hazards.
- Will not rot, mildew or promote growth of mold.
- Installs quickly and evenly for reliable, consistent performance for years to come.
ZONED HVAC SYSTEM
Your zoned HVAC system enables you to set a schedule on your thermostat. A zoned heating and cooling system separates your home into different areas or “zones”, allowing you to control the temperature of each area independently. Customize sections of your home based upon your heating and cooling needs.
DUAL OR VARIABLE SPEED POOL PUMPS
A typical pool pump consumes three times the energy of your refrigerator, and is the largest electric consumer in your home. A pool pump also accounts for 25% of your household energy bill. Dual or variable speed pumps can be programmed to operate at set speeds to deliver the correct flow for each task performed. This includes the operation of a suction-side pool cleaner, waterfalls or spa jets.
- Can lower the energy costs of operating your swimming pool by up to 90%.
- Dramatically reduces the noise level associated with traditional pool pumps, and reduces wear on the pump, filters, heaters, chlorinators, and other equipment.
(See the advantage of using a dual or variable speed pool pump over a single speed pool pump on the back.)